Sunday, March 15, 2015

Where Leads the Heart ~ Colleen Coble


  • File Size: 422 KB
  • Print Length: 170 pages
  • Publisher: Spencerhill Associates, Ltd. (June 28, 2012)
  • Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
  • Language: English
  • ASIN: B008G0JB1A





 June 28, 2012



"Coble is a great writer, she knows what readers want and she does not disappoint."-Romantic Times

The Civil War has taken the one thing Sarah Montgomery values most, her fiancee, Rand Campbell. Only after she agrees to marry another man does she realize Rand is not dead after all. Set against the backdrop of Fort Laramie, this exciting story of love lost and gained will take you to that dangerous time of the Sioux Indian Wars.

Be sure to read Colleen Coble's new book, ROSEMARY COTTAGE, on sale July 9th

*****************
Coble's first historical series consists of: Where Leads the Heart, Plains of Promise, The Heart Answers, and To Love a Stranger. You'll want to read them all!

My take on this book:
When the Civil War was over Sarah Montgomery's heart didn't return home, that is the love of her life Rand Campbell was presumed dead, after all that's the word that she and his family got from the government. While she knew she could never love anyone else to appease her family she agrees to marry Ben Croftner, thing is Ben was with holding information, and as they say your lies will eventually find you out and that's what happens when Rand returns home just a few days prior to Ben and Sarah's wedding. You would think that would be the ending of the story but no Rand goes west and when he asks Sarah to go along she can't because of her dying father. Will true love ever prevail between Rand and Sarah, and what about Ben, he has vowed that no one will have Sarah but him, will he follow through with his threats? 
I am going to admit it I am not good at waiting for serial books so I had to read this book after reading the ninety page serial book A Heart's Disguise, the first book in the Journey of the Heart series.  I just had to know how things would work out for Rand and Amanda  I must say that I wasn't disappointed. I loved the faith, friendships and characters that I found within the pages of this book. Colleen Coble is a wonderfully talented author who knows how to draw me into the lives of her characters evoking emotional upheavals as the story progresses.There were instances of suspense as I wondered if Rand and Sarah would ever have their happily ever after! I enjoyed reading about life at the fort, and how the Indians were often treated. I will say A Heart's Disguise seems more polished somehow, but if your like me and can't wait for the next installment well then pick up Where Leads The Heart. I for one plan on reading the entire series because it's just the sort of stories that I enjoy. Historical, faith based fiction set right after the civil war. I am not sure how I missed this series in 2012 but I am so glad that I am lucky enough to read them now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your wonderful comments make my day, thanks for dropping by!