Thursday, March 27, 2014

Worth Her Weight In Gold by Lynn Lovegreen


    21400458
  • File Size: 188 KB
  • Print Length: 39 pages
  • Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
  • Publisher: Prism Book Group (March 6, 2014)
  • Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
  • Language: English
  • ASIN: B00IUU5C50





Ada Weiss is content to sing with her family at the new Juneau Opera House. But when she meets miner Tom Hickok, she wonders if there's more to life than the stage. For Tom, Ada is more precious than all the gold in the Treadwell Mine, but he doubts a regular guy has a chance with a beautiful singer. When a mob threatens to run their friend China Joe out of town, Ada and Tom work together and learn what their true characters really are.


My take on this book:
Worth Her Weight In Gold by Lynn Lovegreen is a clean historical romance that takes readers to Juneau, Alaska Territory in 1886. Tom Hickok finds himself drawn to Ada Weiss, the beautiful woman who sings with her family at the Juneau Opera House. He can't imagine her ever wanting anything to do with him though because he is just a simple miner who works as a powder monkey for the Treadwell Mine on Douglas Mountain. The love of piano music draws them together, but it takes standing up for a friend to show them just how much in common they really have! 

I really loved this novella, the sweet old fashioned romance between Tom and Ada was refreshing and such a delight to read.The descriptive writing really brings the setting as well as the characters to life. From the Opera House to the descriptions of the mine I found myself easily drawn in.It was easy to see that the author did her research where the historical aspects of this novella was concerned, she  brings to life the  discrimination that was going on in the mine and in the town, it was easy to understand why Ada and Tom decided to take a stand and help their friend!Ada and Tom were such nice characters,it was truly a joy to watch their story unfold. A good clean read that provides rich historical detail, along with a sweet romance. While the ending was all that I hoped for I really was left wanting to read more about Tom and Ada. Worth Her Weight In Gold by Lynn Lovegreen is the perfect read for anyone looking for a quick yet satisfying historical romantic read. Ms. Lovegreen is a new to me author, but I highly anticipate reading more of her work!

Reviewed for Readersfavorite.com

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness another author writing historical that I love to read, this looks so good. thanks for sharing your comments on this one Brenda...so many books that I dont have time to clean or cook like I should, do you have a problem with those mundane things? LOL Hope I find this one to add to my TBR stack.
    Paula O(kyflo130@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pol, thanks for dropping by, I am always surprised each month at the number of books I read, but I think it's because my kindle is always with me so whenever I have a spare minute I am reading, but cooking and cleaning well I squeeze that in occasionally usually right after work. I really think my favorite genre is historical fiction, especially mail order bride series, or at least that's my fave right now.

    ReplyDelete

Your wonderful comments make my day, thanks for dropping by!