Wednesday, October 12, 2016

NKJV Study Bible ~ Review


  • Imitation Leather: 2336 pages
  • Publisher: Thomas Nelson; 2 Lea Rep edition (October 11, 2016)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0718009266
  • ISBN-13: 978-0718009267



The NKJV Study Bible, Second Edition is the most comprehensive study Bible available! It has the most complete study system for pastors, teachers, or students who desire accurate study in God's Word. Using the trusted New King James Version, The NKJV Study Bible has "the mind of a scholar and the heart of a pastor." Thomas Nelson's skilled team of scholars has produced the study system to reach for when accurate study in God's Word is the goal.
Features include:
  • More than 15,000 verse-by-verse study notes
  • 150 Bible times and culture notes
  • 114 articles on key Bible doctrines
  • 350 word studies with Strong's numbers
  • "Christ in the Scriptures" feature
  • Topical index
  • Deluxe Nelson concordance
  • Full-color maps

My take on this Bible:
I received a copy of this Bible from Thomas Nelson's Booklook program for review, and if I was to sum up the review in a sentence or two I would say that I am not impressed with this Bible, and the reason I say that is because I own the older version of this Bible and I like it better, also I have become somewhat spoiled with the Bibles that have color pictures but that is just me. To be fair there are plenty of things that I do like about this Bible. First of all the color is very pretty, and the imitation leather soft feels very nice and durable. The silver gilded edges of the pages are also very pretty and gives this Bible a high quality look. This Bible is boxed and has a presentation page both things that makes it good for gift giving. There is a center column reference section, plenty of study notes and in text maps, but those maps are in black and white, and honestly I have gotten spoiled using Bibles that provide color maps in text. I will say that there are several color maps at the back of the Bible but it's basically what you find in most study Bibles. There are several study helps, such as word studies, a concordance, plenty of articles as well as a topical index. I do wish that Thomas Nelson would have color coordinated the inner text and coloring with the outer cover instead of just using the same tan colors that was used in the hardback version. Overall, this is a good study Bible especially if you are not a fan of the full color edition. This Bible is also available in a hardcover edition, so if you own that the only difference is the leather soft cover. While I like this Bible it really isn't my favorite because it lacks the color that I have become used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your wonderful comments make my day, thanks for dropping by!