You invest a significant part of your life working…it matters.
Combining doctrine, Scripture application and real-life experiences, the NIV Faith and Work Bible will help you answer the question “How does my faith relate to my work?” It doesn’t matter what job or career you have—part-time, third shift or freelance; from the shop floor, to the school hallways, to the corner office; this Bible will reveal how relevant God’s Word is to your daily work life.
- 66 book introductions highlight the application of each book’s teachings to faith and work
- 75 Deeper at Work stories deliver strength and encouragement from the real-life experiences of people facing the same daily challenges and opportunities you face
- 45 Core Doctrine articles feature teachings from Christian leaders throughout the ages to help you learn the Biblical basis for integrating your faith and work
- A 31-day journey through the Biblical narrative helps you grasp Scripture’s overarching storyline
- 4 thought-provoking essays by David H. Kim, Richard Mouw, Nancy Ortberg, and Jon Tyson connect the gospel to your daily work life
- Foreword by Tim Keller
- Full text of the most read, most trusted modern-English Bible – the New International Version (NIV)
David H. Kim is the Pastor of Faith and Work at Redeemer Presbyterian Church in New York City. He is also Executive Director of the Center for Faith and Work.
My take on this Bible:
If you're someone who works, and lets face it most of us are, is there a way to integrate your faith into your work? Well that's what this Bible is geared toward. It combines doctrine, and scripture application and real life experiences together to help you understand how faith can relate to your work no matter what your job might be. The features of Core doctrine, deeper truth, connection and deeper at work are the real features that help you connect your faith with your daily work. I have enjoyed incorporating these readings into my daily Bible studies. A bit about this Bible is the first thing that I noticed was the jump out at you font. Probably the best font I have seen in a Bible in quite a while, it's very easy to read because of it's size. I like that there is a center reference column, and the hardcover actually matches the dust jacket. There isn't a presentation page which is something that I always look for. Overall this Bible has some of the standard features that you find in many Bibles such as a table of weight and measures, a few color maps in the back. Overall a nice little Bible that is presented in the NIV translation that will help the user connect their faith with their daily jobs.
A complimentary copy of this Bible was provided for review.