Saturday, June 28, 2014

Reflections: Prayers from the Heart of a 14 Year Old Boy by Michael Alexander Beas


  • Paperback: 36 pages
  • Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform; 1 edition (April 1, 2014)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1499632401
  • ISBN-13: 978-1499632408


This book is also available as an ebook.





#1 AMAZON BEST SELLER in CHRISTIAN YOUTH MINISTRY (April, 11 2014) #1 AMAZON BEST SELLER in MEDITATION (April, 13 2014) "This isn't a book just for young, this is a book for all. One of the great things I truly enjoyed about it was, you can drop into it any place and find a prayer of encouragement." Thomas A. - "I have found so many prayers I will call on in my weakest moments in this lovely compilation. Awesome!" Chloe Halston - "Reading the prayers in this book brought a sense of calming and peace to me. I will be re-reading this book many times over." Beverly Clark - Reflections: Prayers from the Heart of a 14 Year Old Boy, in many ways, is a mirror image of my life. I wrote these prayers when I was a young adult growing up in Miami. As with any big city, drugs, sex and violence were part of everyday life. Becoming a teenager in our ever-changing world is a challenge for parents and children alike. In many ways, both are trying to discover each other and, above all, themselves. Temptation and evil is everywhere, and without a solid foundation of God and morality, everything can rapidly spin out of control. I was blessed to have gotten to know God at an early age. I went to youth groups, retreats, and helped out at our local church, where I also attended school. Everything changed when I became a freshman in high school. Morality and fun collided. Girls, parties, hangouts, fitting in, and everything else that goes with growing up began to take root. This collection of prayers is a reflection of those thoughts and experiences. They helped me come closer to God when the world around me was telling me to run in the opposite direction. I hope and pray they give you guidance and help bring you closer to God.

My take on this book:


Reflections: Prayers From the Heart of a 14 Year Old Boy is a  compilation of twenty-three prayers that deal with such topics as who we are, temptation,and struggling to find our way in an ever turbulent world. Young and old alike are find encouragement within the pages of this easy to read book which sort of reminded me of a journal of spiritual growth, but would honestly make a wonderful daily devotional. Each  chapter begins with a personal story and then a wonderful prayer. Mr. Beas faith certainly shines thru the pages of Reflection and his gentle reminders of God's love nourishes the spirit. 

Reflections by Michael Alexander Beas was written when he was a fourteen year old teen dealing with the issues of day to day life. The peace and  wisdom that emanates from the pages  transcends age and gender though because he captures the essence of what challenges most of us. As I read each chapter I found myself feeling more than refreshed I actually felt spiritually recharged. Short chapters make for a quick read, but this isn't a book to be hurried thru, instead it's one to be read and savored. Relatable for every age level, anyone looking for a spiritual boost will find it within the pages of Reflections.

reviewed for readersfavorite.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your wonderful comments make my day, thanks for dropping by!