Sunday, June 2, 2013

New Spirit Filled Life Bible ~ Jack W. Hayford Executive Editor


                                        Description:

Find the Holy Spirit throughout the Bible. Dr. Jack Hayford, founding pastor of The Church on the Way, has led a team of anointed leaders to produce the New Spirit-Filled Life Bible. Even after more than twenty years, the Spirit-Filled Life Bible offers a fresh look at the Scriptures and the work of the Holy Spirit. This Bible addresses important issues of Spirit-filled living in the context of solid biblical scholarship.
Features include:
  • Kingdom Dynamic—41 themes throughout the Scripture that give us values as we advance the gospel throughout the world
  • Word Wealth—More than 550 key terms defined and brought to life pulling the language from the original Greek and Hebrew to everyday English
  • Truth-In-Action—Practical charts pulling out practical application from every book of the Bible
  • Detailed book introductions to each of the 66 books of the Bible
  • Verse-by-verse study notes
  • Articles from 50 of the most respected pastors, teachers, and leaders in the church today
My take on this Bible:
The "New Spirit-Filled Life Bible" is a study Bible that will have it's users not only digging deeper into God's word, but because it is written in the NKJV they will also better understand what they are reading. As someone who reads the Bible daily the first thing on my list of must have's in a Bible is easy to read font, that doesn't require a magnifying glass to read. Well this Bible filled that requirement easily, the print is easy on the eye, and many of the features of the Bible such as the Word Wealth, and Kingdom Dynamics are shaded making them pop off of the pages. This Bible has several useful features and some of my favorite are Word Wealth which focuses on key words to help the reader better understand God's Word, I found the handy Word Wealth  Index quite useful, in locating words that I wanted deeper understanding of. At the bottom of each page are verse by verse study notes that make understanding God's word a bit easier. Plenty of maps peppered thru the scripture was also a great addition to this Bible.A detailed concordance, color maps, along with several articles written by various pastors and church leaders. One of the articles that really jumped out at me was "How to Lead a Person to the Savior" by Brent Price. He shares three different scripture plans on how to lead someone to Christ. While I was familiar with the first one The Romans Plan to salvation, I hadn't heard of the other two but have familiarized myself with them so that I can implement them into my daily witness.The one thing that made this Study Bible stand out for me was that God's words are written in red, something that I find very beneficial when reading!  Overall, a great Study Bible that has become one of my favorites. I feel this Bible would make a perfect gift for a new christian, or anyone who might be interested in studying God's word in depth.

A complimentary copy of this Bible was provided for an honest review, and I can honestly say that "The New Spirit Filled Life Bible" is one of my favorite Bibles to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your wonderful comments make my day, thanks for dropping by!