Monday, October 29, 2012

Ghosts In The Graveyard by Kim Bowman ~ review



  • File Size: 141 KB
  • Print Length: 68 pages
  • Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
  • Publisher: Astraea Press (October 27, 2011)
  • Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.



 October 27, 2011
While most kids can’t wait to dress up in costumes and go out trick or treating, Charlie, Jack, and Millie Foster dread Halloween. Even the promise of receiving a slew of candy doesn’t interest them. How could it when they know the truth about All Hallows Eve. That it’s really a day to fear, a day when the dead walk the earth again.

With their house sitting directly behind a graveyard, they are prime targets for the spirits to haunt.


My take on this  book:

While most children look forward to Halloween.Millie, Jack, and Charlie Foster fear that the bogies will come to their house once again. They live next to an old cemetery, and each year restless souls from the cemetery come to their house. Their mom doesn't like to hear them talk about ghosts,and doesn't believe that they have seen them come right into the house. Jack decides to set a trap for the ghosts, will he be able to finally prove to his mother that there are restless spirits wandering on Halloween?

This is a short story geared toward tweens, but I must admit I found it one of the best Halloween stories I have read in quite some time! I loved the characters, Jack and Charlie were so protective of their four year old sister Millie. The author did a fantabulous job of creating scenes that were scary, and allowed for a bit of suspense. The author pulled me along allowing me to think I knew what would happen then bang, she throws in a twist that totally surprised me!

If you enjoy a great Halloween tale with an ending that you will read twice just to be sure you have read it right then this book is certainly for you. On a scale of one to five I would easily give this book a six because it's just that good! 


Thanks to the author Kim Bowman, and Astrea Press Book Club for providing me an e-copy of this fantastic Halloween read. 


Click here, to check out the Astrea Book Club on Facebook. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your wonderful comments make my day, thanks for dropping by!