- Reading level: Ages 9 and up
- Hardcover: 1504 pages
- Publisher: Zonderkidz; Rev Spl edition (March 6, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0310722365
- ISBN-13: 978-0310722366
Source: B&B Media for review
Book Description from Amazon.com:
Publication Date: March 6, 2012 | Age Level: 9 and up
Every girl wants to know she's totally unique and special. This Bible says that with Faithgirlz! sparkle. Through the many in-text features found only in the Faithgirlz! Bible, girls will grow closer to God as they discover the journey of a lifetime. Features include: * Book introductions---Read about the who, when, where, and what of each book. * Dream Girl---Use your imagination to put yourself in the story. * Bring It On!---Take quizzes to really get to know yourself. * Is There a Little (Eve, Ruth, Isaiah) in You?---See for yourself what you have in common. * Words to Live By---Check out these Bible verses that are great for memorizing. * What Happens Next?---Create a list of events to tell a Bible story in your own words. * Oh, I Get It!---Find answers to Bible questions you've wondered about. * The complete NIV translation * Features written by bestselling author Nancy Rue.
My take on this Bible:
The first thing I thought when I pulled this Bible out of the box was what a beautiful cover it had. The pink color and flowers is so feminine and girly that young ladies will just love it. The color of the text inside which is purple is something that I loved as well, and while the colors are very eye catching, its the many different features of this Bible that makes it perfect for young girls.
The features include:
1. Dream Girl: A feature that will help young readers imagine themselves in some of the most familiar and amazing Bible stories.
2. Bring It On! Are quizzes used to help the reader get to know themselves, this feature also points to Bible verses that will encourage the reader.
3. OH, I Get It! The Bible is more than just stories, it is filled with information and this feature will share some of that information with questions.
4. Book introductions: Highlights the main topics of each book of the Bible and applies them to the reader's life.
5. Treasure This! Verses to help the reader keep God's word in their heart.
6. Is There a little ___in You? The feature allows you to see different character traits of some of the great people in the Bible, and allows the reader to see if they might have some of those character traits themselves.
7. In Your Own Words: Allows the reader to create a list of events to tell a Bible story in your their own words.
While this Bible is geared towards young ladies nine and older, I actually enjoy reading it myself. It's bright and colorful and is chock full of useful information. Because it's a NIV version it's easy for young readers to understand. Overall I think any young girl would love a copy of this Bible and I think it would make a wonderful Easter gift.
*A complimentary copy of this Bible was provided in exchange for an honest review.*