Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Telling By Beverly Lewis the final installment of the Seasons of Grace Series

Well in The Telling which is the final in the series of Seasons of Grace, I must say I was left wanting more. The questions I had were answered and yes I was right about who Lettie's long lost daughter was. Overall I love these Amish stories but I was a little disappointed and left wanting more with this story. Although it was a page turner right up till the end I felt like we were left hanging in some critical areas of the story. Such as how the relationship between Heather and her friend Jim Lang went, as well as how Roan Nelson reacted to his daughters long lost Amish mother as well as Roan's budding romance with Dr. Marshall. Another area left to ponder was the health of Jakob. I would have also liked to have read what happened with the Spanglers. I also think that the relationship that was mentioned between Adam and Prissy could have been touched on as well. Overall I really liked this book other than the fact that some questions were left unanswered. This is the first series of Beverly Lewis' that I have read that left unanswered questions usually she does a great job of wrapping up all of her characters. I will continue to read more of Beverly Lewis because overall she is an amazing writer who gives us a glimpse of Amish life that few writers pull off as well. I would give this book a 4 star rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your wonderful comments make my day, thanks for dropping by!